Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, built c.1840. Part of terrace of four houses. Now in use as offices. Pitched slate roofs with brick chimneystacks and limestone eaves course. Roughly coursed rubble limestone walling. Square-headed openings with cut-stone sills and lintels, eight-over-eight pane horned timber sliding sash windows, and replacement timber panelled door, latter with cut-stone plinth blocks.
This house is one of four stone-fronted houses on Mill Street that were apparently formerly part of the original Saint Louis Convent in Monaghan Town. This one has retained timber sash windows, which gives a good idea of how the buildings may have looked when built. The vaired dressings of the stonework add interest to the building.