Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use

Farm house

In Use As

Farm house


1830 - 1860


232960, 421561

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached five-bay two-storey with attic farm house, built c. 1845, with single-storey extension with dormer attic to north gable. Pitched artificial slate roof, slate roof to extension, smooth rendered gable ended chimneystacks with cornice coping and replacement rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls with eaves course hidden by wooden facia boards. Square-headed window openings with six-over-six timber sashes and stone sills. Three-centred arch-headed door opening with timber panelled door with glazed fanlight and Doric doorcase surrounds. Set within own grounds with farm buildings to rear, bounded by wooden fence and roughcast rendered walls with double leaf cast-iron gates mounted on pointed stone piers with pyramidal coping to south. Complex of contemporaneous single and two-storey outbuildings to rear, with pitched slate roofs and rubble stone walls, greatly augmented with modern farm buildings.


A handsome and elegant middle-size mid-nineteenth century farm house with the fine proportions, scale and simple detailing typical of the type with its Doric doorcase being is most notable feature. Despite the loss of some original fabric, it has substantially retained its architectural form and most of its original detailing.