Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Social

Previous Name

Linsfort House

Original Use


In Use As



1800 - 1830


231951, 435608

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached five-bay two-storey house, built c. 1815, with mid-nineteenth century alterations, built on L-plan with projecting entrance porch to front and modern conservatory to south and single-storey kitchen extension to north, now in use as convent and reconciliation centre. Hipped slate roof with clayware ridge tiles, smooth rendered ruled-and-lined paired central chimneystacks with cornice coping and polygonal pots, projecting ashlar eaves course and replacement rainwater goods. Smooth rendered ruled-and-lined walls. Square-headed window openings with uPVC sash windows with timber shutters behind and stone sills. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door to porch; flagstone paving to front and side elevations. Set within own grounds with outbuildings to rear, rubble stone wall to road with modern gates and stone piers.


Built for Thomas Baldrick, agent to Lord Donegal, it is owned by the Loreto Order since 1928. Most recently it has been used as a Peace and Reconciliation Centre. Despite the loss of its original fenestration this is a fine house which has kept its overall architectural integrity. Its significance is enhanced by the high quality outbuildings and stables (40901823) to the rear.