Categories of Special Interest
Linsfort Church of Ireland Church
1770 - 1780
Detached three-bay Church of Ireland church, built 1779, with two-stage tower to west. Roof gone; stone eaves course and red brick chimney flue in east wall. Roughcast rendered walls with stone and brick apparent underneath, stone stringcourses and sandstone plinth course over rendered rubble stone plinth. Lancet windows with red brick embrasures and ashlar chamfered block-and-start surrounds. Pointed arch-headed door opening over stone steps to south of tower with sandstone block-and-start surround. Ashlar stone oculus to tower with inscription 1666 and 1884. Battlemented tower with cut stone coping. Set within own grounds with gravemarkers to south and west and enclosed by low rubble stone wall with double leaf wrought-iron gates mounted on ashlar stone piers.
Described by Lewis (1837) as ' a small neat edifice with a square tower', this classic tower and hall church is now a ruin. However it still retains its form and quality stonework. An important part of the religious history of the area.