Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Detached seven-bay two-storey U-plan country house, built c.1850. Hipped slate roof with two rendered chimneystacks having clay pots. Rendered walls with square-headed openings. Detached two-bay two-storey outbuilding to west with hipped slate roof and rendered walls. Set in estate grounds with mature woodland to west and north, formal lawn to east, overlooking Lough Swilly and approached from west by pair of recent squared rubble stone piers and steel gates.
An elegantly presented and substantial country house that has been designed in a late Georgian style and largely retains its original form and scale. Set in its own estate with walled garden, formal lawn and well-maintained mature gardens overlooking Lough Swilly, the building makes a distinctive contribution to the architectural heritage of the locality.