Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1880 - 1900
Attached three-bay two-storey stone former school building, built c. 1890, now in use as community centre. Entrance to west (side) elevation, two-storey single-pitched projection to south-west. M-profile artificial slate roof, clay ridge tiles, uPVC rainwater goods. Rubble limestone walling, tooled ashlar flush quoins. Square-headed window openings, yellow brick surrounds, limestone sills, painted two-over-two timber sash windows. Square-headed door openings to west and south elevations, yellow brick surrounds, sheet metal doors c. 1990. Steel fire escape staircase to south-west. Set back from street in own grounds, painted smooth-rendered high boundary wall to north with segmental copings, steel fence to south, attached to two-storey building to east.
This former school building has good quality masonry and brickwork. Sash windows also survive. It is inextricably linked to the adjoining structure to the east.