Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1770 - 1810
Semi-detached four-bay two-storey rendered house, built c. 1790. One of a group of two. Pitched artificial slate roof, clay ridge tiles, smooth-rendered corbelled chimneystacks with clay pots, extruded aluminium rainwater goods. Unpainted smooth-rendered walling with painted channelled quoins to west. Square-headed window openings, projecting painted rendered reveals, painted stone sills, uPVC casement window. Round-headed entrance door opening, projecting rendered painted reveal, painted timber three-panel double doors with raised-and-fielded panels, delicate neo-classical leaded spider's web fanlight. Set back from roadside with front garden bounded by wrought-iron railings set on unpainted smooth-rendered wall with concrete coping. Entrance gateway to west side.
This late-eighteenth century house and its near-identical neighbour dominate the streetscape at the western approach to the town. It is enhanced by having retained some salient original features such as the fine fanlight.