Categories of Special Interest
1740 - 1760
Detached former Tudor Revival country house, built c.1750, now in ruins. Set within its own estate with a range of derelict stone outbuildings to south-east, including stables with integral carriage arches and Serliana windows to rear. Walled garden to north-east of house with red brick south-facing wall. Site bounded to road by random coursed stone wall with soldier coping. Various entrances into estate. Main entrance to north-east of house. Classical arch with rusticated piers, smaller arches for pedestrians.
In its heyday Mount Talbot House was an exceptional country residence. This is evident from the few remaining structures within the demesne grounds. Originally a mid-eighteenth century Palladian Revival house, Mount Talbot was transformed in 1820s into a Tudor Revival style. Unfortunately little remains from the fire in 1922, however, what does survive is testimony to the architectural quality of this once fine estate.