Categories of Special Interest
1880 - 1900
Detached three-bay single-storey former Methodist church, built c.1890. Now disused. Rendered façade with crow stepped parapet. Corrugated-iron barrel roof on rendered plinth walls. Pointed-arched window openings with timber casement windows to façade and square-headed openings with timber casement windows to side elevations. Central pointed-arched door opening with timber and glazed door with overlight. Set behind low rendered wall with pathway terminating in cast-iron gates.
This former Methodist church is of social importance to the town of Boyle as it once formed an important focus for a large section of the community. The Methodists first obtained a lease for their meeting house in 1793 and they continue to worship in the town today. The unusual style and construction of this building makes it an interesting part of the town's architectural heritage. The use of corrugated iron in religious structures is unusual and noteworthy.