Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Technical

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1830 - 1860


180198, 302658

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Pair of terraced three-bay three-storey houses, built c.1845, both now in commercial use. Return and extensions to rear. Hipped slate roof with rendered chimneystacks. Ruled-and-lined render to walls with stucco quoins. Western house has pedimented architraves with engaged fluted columns to first floor windows with continuous sill course and second floor windows have simple stucco architraves, stone sills and replacement windows. Shopfront to ground floor with recessed door flanked by modern windows. Entrance to upper storeys has been incorporated into shop but spoked fanlight remains in square head. Vacant house to east has timber sash windows. Recessed entrance with replacement glazed double doors with steps set in mosaic surround. Integral segmental carriage-arch shared between houses with timber battened doors. Buildings front onto street.


These structures stand together as a pair. They share the integral carriage arch and their form and proportion mirrors each other. They are simple in design yet show attention to detail as seen in their decorative stuccowork and classical form.