Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1870
Freestanding folly, erected 1865; extant 1894, on a hexagonal plan with dragged cut-limestone Doric columns supporting "Cyma Recta" or "Cyma Reversa" cornice on "Triglyph"-detailed frieze on entablature. Set on mound in unkempt grounds shared with Neale House.
A "Temple of the Winds" folly erected by John Cavendish Browne (1794-1873), third Baron Kilmaine, atop the vaulted footings of an unfinished tower begun (1785) by John Browne MP (1726-94), first Baron Kilmaine.