Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


Historical Use

Shop/retail outlet


1799 - 1838


99830, 284522

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house, extant 1838, originally with shopfront to ground floor. Renovated with openings to ground floor remodelled. Now disused. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, concrete or rendered coping to gables with rendered chimney stacks to apexes having shallow stringcourses below capping supporting terracotta or yellow terracotta tapered pots, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods on rendered eaves retaining cast-iron downpipe. Gritdashed roughcast walls on rendered plinth with rendered "bas-relief" strips to ends. Square-headed window openings (upper floors) with drag edged dragged cut-limestone sills, and concealed dressings framing timber casement (first floor) or three-over-three timber sash (top floor) windows. Street fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


A house representing an integral component of the domestic built heritage of Westport with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such traits as the compact plan form; and the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression. Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with quantities of the historic or original fabric, both to the exterior and allegedly to the interior, thereby upholding much of the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing visual statement in North Mall.