Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1915
Pair of freestanding carved cut-limestone statues, erected 1911-2; extant 1917, on polished red Aberdeen granite pedestals on drag edged rock faced snecked limestone plinths. Set back from line of street at perimeter of grounds of Catholic Church of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
A pair of statues 'carved by Mr. Patrick Tomlin [b. 1861/2], sculptor, Dublin' (Irish Builder and Engineer 1911, 210) not only contributing positively to the group a setting values of the Catholic Church of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, but also repurposing damaged stone work reclaimed from 'the south wall…and the piers of the south aisle' following a storm (1898; Higgins 2001, 158).