Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1900
Single-span footbridge erected c.1880, to carry pedestrians over river within the pleasure grounds of Lough Rynn Estate. Comprising cast-iron girder structure with lattice parapets and rock-faced piers to river bank with modern cast-iron gates.
This bridge is one of three similar metal bridges found in Lough Rynn Estate. This example, known as "Blue Bridge" owing to the colour of its lattice work, forms an interesting addition to the pleasure grounds around the house. The rock-faced piers form an attractive contrast with the cast-iron frame and railings and further emphasise the quality of construction visible throughout the estate. The is representative of the technological advancements made by the mid nineteenth-century.