Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Social, Technical
1820 - 1860
Double-span road bridge, erected c.1840. Coursed cut stone bridge with wrought-iron lattice parapet. V-cutwaters to east. Carrying road traffic through Lough Rynn Estate.
Known as the 'Red Bridge', this is one of three similar bridges found within Lough Rynn Estate. This example is situated along a main approach route to Lough Rynn House and forms an interesting addition to the route. From a technical viewpoint the use of wrought iron to the parapet in conjunction with the stone substructure is of interest.