Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Social, Technical
In Use As
1900 - 1940
Detached two-bay single-storey shop, built c.1920, with timber shopfont. Pitched corrugated-iron roof. Corrugated-iron walls incorporating a timber shopfront with central double door flanked by display windows and simple painted lettering.
This structure is located at a crossroads outside Dromahair opposite the old Dromahair Creamery. Between the creamery and this shop there are three corrugated-iron structures within close proximity, and together they form an important group of buildings. Corrugated-iron structures were often built as somewhat temporary structures, making the survival of three such buildings in a group all the more unusual. W.H Parke and Son still operates as a shop.