Categories of Special Interest
1880 - 1890
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, built in 1885, with shopfront and with single-storey extension to rear. Pitched slate roof. Rendered walls with stucco quoins, plinth and shop surround. Plain stucco window surrounds with replacement timber windows. Replacement display window and door to shopfront. Decorative stone date plaque to facade. Stone outbuildings to rear of site.
This terraced building is positioned on the Main Street directly opposite the Old Market House. The elaborate and intricately detailed plaque is quite substantial in size and is an instantly notable feature of this structure. The date plaque contains many Irish symbols such as the harp and shamrocks and an inscription meaning 'The Red Hand of Ireland'.