1810 - 1890
Carved limestone chest tomb type mausoleum, erected c.1850, built against east gable of Catholic church. Rectangular-plan tomb on stepped tooled base, with moulded cornice, and with square-plan pointed pinnacle on plinth to top. Cast-iron ring pulls to east face. Carved and sculpted panels to three faces. Recessed panels to base of pinnacle, with tooled borders and carved corners, and inscriptions to east and north faces.
The carvings on this highly decorated mausoleum show evidence of highly skilled craftsmanship, with some interesting naïve passages depicting human faces, which may be inspired by medieval carvings. The inscriptions are not entirely legible, which make it difficult to date, but it was clearly dedicated to a high status individual. The carvings contain a number of references to the Resurrection, as well as a crucifix. It forms part of an interesting ecclesiastical group in Meelick that includes the church, other ruined friary buildings, medieval grave slabs, and many other grave markers to the graveyard.