1885 - 1905
Curvilinear causeway, built c.1895, of drystone construction with double-span concrete bridge. Irregular coursed rubble stone parapet with rubble coping stones (toppers) and cement coping, iron railings to bridge. Shuttered concrete addition to assist tidal drainage to east of bridge. Conical concrete sea marks to north.
This rather extensive causeway was constructed to improve communications and commerce with the relatively isolated communities at Annaghvaan, Leitir Mhór and Gorumna. This piece of maritime engineering is of technical interest as well as being an aesthetically pleasing structure.