1780 - 1820
Detached four-bay single-storey vernacular house, built c.1800, having late twentieth-century addition to rear. Pitched thatched roof with wire mesh, exposed scolloping and decorative knotting to ridge, rendered chimneystack and rendered copings to gables. Rendered walls with rendered plinth to sill level, parallel quoins and render eaves course. Square-headed window openings with two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows, painted stone sills and decorative render surrounds with stone-chip facing. Glazed timber panelled entrance door. House set parallel to road with garden to front having random rubble boundary wall to road with rendered gate piers. Two single-storey outbuildings to south having pitched corrugated-iron roofs and rendered walls.
This attractive thatched house is an example of a building type that has become an increasingly rare sight in the Irish landscape. It has been well maintained and although altered and extended in recent years, it still retains its form and many characteristics such as thatched roof, rendered walls and small openings. The decorative render bands with stone chip facing add visual interest to the facade. The building and associated outbuildings are important and contribute to the architectural character of the area.