1870 - 1890
Entrance gateway, erected c.1880, to Cahermorris House. Round-plan piers of hammer-finished ashlar limestone, with tooled square-edged string course and tooled conical caps, with recent decorative metal gates, flanked by coursed random rubble stone walls with 'Buck and Doe' rubble coping.
This gateway is situated in a prominent location on a corner of a crossroads. The attractive cylindrical form with conical caps adds interest to the roadscape along the boundary wall of Cahermorris House.