1780 - 1820
Detached four-bay single-storey vernacular house, built c.1800, with dormer attic, and having single-storey twentieth- century extension to rear. Pitched thatched roof with decorative raised ridge with exposed scolloping, rendered chimneystack, and rendered copings to gables. Rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with replacement timber casement windows throughout, and painted stone sills. Glazed timber panelled entrance door. Set parallel to road with rendered boundary wall and piers and metal gate. Farmyard to rear with metal shed and two-storey outbuilding to south with corrugated-iron roof and rendered walls.
Thatched houses were once a common feature within the rural landscape and are now becoming increasingly rare. This example retains the form and many characteristics such as thatched roof and the associated single-storey outbuildings.