Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1790 - 1810
End-of-terrace three-bay three-storey house, built c.1800, having pubfront to whole of ground floor. Now also in use as pub. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and copings, cast-iron rainwater goods, and tooled limestone eaves course. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls having render quoins. Square-headed window openings with decorative render surrounds and painted sills, with two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows to top floor and replacement window to first floor. Shopfront comprises fluted pilasters and consoles with rendered fascia with raised lettering 'M. Green'. Square-headed replacement display windows flanking segmental-headed doorway having replacment timber panelled double-leaf door, ground floor openings having rendered surrounds.
The size and scale of this building are similar to those of the surrounding buildings. It is well proportioned, making a positive contribution to the streetscape. The decorative render details and the simple but elegant shopfront add decorative interest to the façade.