1870 - 1880
Freestanding gable-fronted cruciform-plan Roman Catholic church, built c.1875, entrance facing west. Comprising three-bay nave, single-bay transepts and chancel, gable-fronted porch to front, recent flat-roof vestry to south-east and lean-to boiler room to north-east. Pitched slate roofs with shouldered render copings to gables, rendered bellcote with pointed arch bell opening, and replacement aluminium and uPVC rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls with rendered plat bands, plinth and eaves course with moulded corbels. Pointed-arch rendered recessed surrounds to windows, having round-headed lights, triple to east gable and transept gables and double elsewhere, all with oculus over, with lead-lined plain and stained-glass. Pointed-arch door opening to porch within splayed rendered surround having replacement double-leaf timber glazed doors and stained-glass overlight. Square-headed door openings elsewhere having replacement battened timber doors. Braced A-frame trussed roof to interior with wood panelled ceiling, simple adornments to interior with marble altar and recently renovated porch interior. Three graves of former Brothers associated with earlier church situated to north of northern transept, with dates from 1845, 1837 and 1846. Graves of relatively recent parish priests and a Marian shrine are located to south of church. Boundary walls of roughly coursed granite with iron railings and rendered gate piers with concrete coping.
This well proportioned church is sited attractively at the southern approach to Roundstone. It is adorned modestly, the stained-glass windows being aesthetically pleasing in the streetscape.