Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Attached five-bay two-storey former house, built c.1820, previously in use as bank now in use as restaurant. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack to south gable, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls to front elevation, plain rendered to south gable. Raised render fascia between floors. Camber-headed window openings with render sills, replacement fixed timber-framed display windows to ground floor, and three-over-three pane timber sliding sash windows to first floor. Camber-headed door opening with replacement timber glazed double-leaf door with timber glazed side-panels and overlight. Situated on raised terrace eith rendered parapets.
This building is an integral part of Roundstone's streetscape, being distinctive through projecting forward of neighbouring buildings. Its changes of use and the various opeings adds interest. The retention of timber sash windows enhances the building.