Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1860
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey former house, built c.1840. Now in use as public library. Recent extensions to rear. Pitched slate roof having rendered chimneystack with cast-iron and replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls to front elevation and roughcast rendered walls to south side elevation. Square-head window openings, doubled to ground floor, having one-over one pane timber sliding sash windows with limestone sills. Square-headed door opening having chamfered rendered surround and timber battened door with overlight. Outbuildings to south side.
This modest building with retained sash windows and timber door is very appealing and is an important part of the streetscape.