Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1880 - 1890
Detached three-bay two-storey former rectory, dated 1885, having projecting porch to front elevation, two-bay south-east side elevation with full-height canted projections, and recent lean-to extension to rear. Now in use as private residence. Hipped slate roof having rendered chimneystacks, cast-iron and replacement aluminium rainwater goods, and brick eaves. Line-and-ruled rendered walls with plinth, and brick walls to canted projections and to porch. Plaque to north-west side elevation. Square-headed window openings with chamfered brick block-and-start surrounds, brick sills, interior timber shutters and replacement uPVC windows. Five-bay outbuilding to west with pitched slate and asbestos roof, rendered chimneystack, roughcast rendered walls and square-headed timber casement windows and timber battened doors. Set within garden enclosed by randomly coursed limestone walls with rendered piers and replacement iron gates.
This fine building retains much of it original features, such as window shutters, slate roof and window surrounds as well as the outbuilding. Set in dramatic grounds overlooking the bay it still reflects well what the original architect may well have intended.