Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1880
Attached four-bay, three-storey house, built c.1860, now in use as hotel and having recent additions to rear and side and recent attic conversion with dormered hipped roof, rendered parapets and replacement metal rainwater goods. Roughly coursed limestone rubble walls having rendered eaves course and with dressed quoins to corners. Square-headed window openings having raised reveals, limestone sills and voussoirs and replacement six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows. Recent window boxes to first floor supported on corbels. Square-headed door opening having carved moulded limestone surround and replacement timber glazed door. Small yard to front of building forms corner of New Dock Street and Flood Street.
This former residence has been converted to a hotel. A decorative focus is provided by the carved doorcase and the building is enhanced by the continued use of timber sash windows. Its setting is enhanced by the unusual small yard to the front.