Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1860
Terraced three-bay four-storey semi-detached former house, built c.1840, now in use as restaurant and offices. Pitched artificial slate roof having limestone chimneystacks and replacement metal rainwater goods. Coursed dressed limestone walls having rendered eaves course. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills and voussoirs, having replacement uPVC windows to upper floors and fixed timber window to ground floor. Round-headed former doorway, now window, and square-headed doorway, to ground floor, having limestone voussoirs and replacement glazed timber frames.
This building forms an impressive six-bay composition with its neighbour to the south-west. Its tall size, good-quality dressed stonework and its pleasing fenestration make it a landmark in the street.