Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1860
Terraced three-bay four-storey semi-detached former house, built c.1840, now in use as restaurant and offices. Pitched artificial slate roof having coursed rubble limestone chimneystacks, and replacement metal rainwater goods. Coursed dressed limestone walls having rendered eaves course. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills and voussoirs with replacement uPVC windows to upper storeys. Ground floor has dressed stone voussoirs to two square-headed doorways and to round-headed doorway, latter giving access to upper floors, all with replacement timber framing.
This building forms an impressive six-bay composition with its neighbour to the north-east. Its tall size, good-quality dressed stonework and its pleasing fenestration make it a landmark in the street.