Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1810 - 1850


129711, 225072

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Three-bay three-storey house, built c.1830, having two shops to ground floor. Fenestration to top floor irregular. Pitched slate roof having rendered chimneystack with rendered coping to north gable, and replacement metal rainwater goods. Painted lined-and-ruled rendered walls to upper storeys, having rendered eaves course. Square-headed window openings having painted stone sills and two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows. Timber and tiled shopfront with panelled timber pilasters with plinths and supporting moulded timber cornice, fascia and architrave. Square-headed timber display windows having tiled surrounds and stall risers. Square-headed recessed door opening to shop, having timber glazed door with overlight and tiled threshold, shopfront to south having timber gate to street. Doorway to north end giving access to upper floors and has glazed timber door with overlight and tiled surround.


This former domestic dwelling, located in the centre of the historic city, has been well maintained and has retained certain aspects of its historic fabric, such as the timber sliding sash windows and natural slate roof. The shopfront has a similar fa├žade to that of 'Crystal Blue', next door, thereby enhancing the appearance and uniformity of the streetscape.