Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use

Shop/retail outlet

In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1940 - 1945


129350, 224876

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Attached multiple-bay two-storey commercial outlet, built 1944, having two-bay ends and three-bay centre, with shallow entrance breakfront. Pitched corrugated-iron roof with rendered parapet wall to front, rendered chimneystacks and replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered to front elevation and upper east gable, with rendered walls to other elevations. Laminated shopfronts to end bays with pilasters and with rendered floating canopy to breakfront, with render buttresses flanking windows of first floor of breakfront. Square-headed window openings with render sills and two-over-two horizontal pane timber sliding sash windows to first floor front, and fixed aluminium-framed display windows to shopfronts. Square-headed door openings with channelled stone composite reveals with recessed battened timber and metal folding doors having paned overlights. Double-leaf timber glazed doors to interior of building.


This fine early twentieth-century art deco-style building is a striking part of the streetscape with its imposing parapet wall and use of pilasters. The façade is enhanced by the retention of much of its original fabric and features such as the canopied entrance, laminated shopfronts, timber sash windows and folding doors. The building also contributes significantly to the city's architectural variety.