Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1920
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, built 1915, built as pair with house to west. Now in use as medical centre and dwelling. Multiple recent extensions to rear elevation and canted-bay window to front elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet over moulded cornice to front elevation concealing gutters, with rendered chimneystack and rectangular-profile cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls to front, with channelled quoins, plinth, and sill courses to upper floors. Rendered to rear elevation. Rendered parapet with cornice to bay window. Camber-headed window openings to front elevation with lugged moulded render surrounds and replacement timber windows. Square-headed window openings to bay window and rear elevation, with render sills and replacement timber and uPVC windows. Recessed round-headed entrance, outer opening having pilasters with plinths and capitals supporting moulded archivolt, with further moulded surround to opening itself. Inner opening has replacement timber panelled door and glazed timber surround, with limestone stepped approach. Garden to front enclosed by rendered wall with cast-iron gate.
This early twentieth-century house terminates a terrace of fourteen substantial houses built at different periods. The façade has fine moulded detailing to its window and door openings. This building and its neighbour have bay windows which set them apart from the rest of the terrace.