Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1895 - 1900
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built 1898, having return to rear, and canted-bay window to front. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack, coping to party wall with decorative stone finial, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render eaves course. Red-brick walls to bay window with painted rendered crenellated parapet. Square-headed window openings having timber sliding sash windows, one-over-one pane to bay window, and two-over-two pane and bipartite one-over-one pane to first floor with raised block-and-start render surrounds and render label-mouldings, all windows having tooled limestone sills. Tudor-arch door opening with render block-and-start surround, label-moulding with decorative detail to spandrels, timber panelled door with overlight, and limestone step. Rendered enclosing wall with coping, painted red-brick gate piers and decorative cast-iron railings and gate. Polychrome tiled garden path with decorative kerbing.
Built as one of sixteen houses in two terraces, this dwelling has an appealing modest scale, a theme continued throughout the entire group. This building has retained its original form and historic fabric, which ensures that it conforms to the uniformity of the terrace, while also making a valuable contribution to the architectural heritage of the area. Features of note include the Tudor detailing, timber sliding sash windows and canted bay which defines and enlivens the front facade.