Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1895 - 1900
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built 1898, having return to rear, and canted-bay window to front. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack, coping to party wall with decorative stone finial, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render eaves course. Red-brick walls to bay window with painted rendered crenellated parapet. Square-headed window openings having timber sliding sash windows, one-over-one pane to bay window, and two-over-two pane and bipartite one-over-one pane to first floor with raised block-and-start render surrounds and render label-mouldings, all windows having tooled limestone sills. Tudor-arch door opening with render block-and-start surround, label-moulding with decorative detail to spandrels, timber panelled door with overlight, and limestone step. Rendered enclosing wall with coping, painted red-brick gate piers and decorative cast-iron railings and gate. Polychrome tiled garden path with decorative kerbing.
Built as one of sixteen houses in two terraces, this dwelling has an appealing modest scale. It has also retained its original form and historic fabric, which ensures that it maintains the original uniformity of the terrace, while also making a valuable contribution to the architectural heritage of the area. Features of note include the Tudor detailing, timber sliding sash windows and canted-bay window which define and enliven the front facade.