Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As

Public house


1800 - 1840


129760, 225346

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace four-bay three-storey former house, built c.1820, with attic storey, now in use as public house, having recent additions to rear. Pitched slate roof having recent roof-lights, rendered chimneystacks and replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Exposed limestone rubble wall to front elevation, showing evidence of straight joints indicating alterations, having rendered eaves course, rendered wall to north-west gable, and rendered walls to rear extension. Render shopfront to front elevation having pilasters, capped scroll brackets with timber architrave, frieze and moulded render cornice. Round-arch former doorway now partly blocked to window and having dressed stone voussoirs. Square-headed openings elsewhere to ground floor of front elevation having roughly dressed stone voussoirs and replacement timber door and windows. Windows to upper floors having square heads with dressed stone voussoirs and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Gable has replacement uPVC window.


This public house, possibly the amalgamation of two former houses, contributes interest to the streetscape through the quality of the arched openings. The retention of timber sash windows enhances the building.