1820 - 1825
TOWNPARKS(ST. NICHOLAS' PARISH)
End of terrace two-bay four-storey former house with basement, dated 1824, now in use as offices. Recent steel fire escape to rear, and single-storey addition to north-east. Double-pile pitched slate roof with cast-iron rainwater goods and rendered chimneystack. Tooled limestone front façade with plinth and having limestone plaque bearing date and initials. Rendered walls elsewhere. Square-headed windows throughout having stone sills, tooled voussoirs and replacement uPVC windows. Round-headed door opening to front within tooled limestone doorcase comprising engaged Ionic columns, short entablatures, pulvinated frieze and dentillated cornice surmounted by open-bed dentillated pediment. Double-leaf timber panelled door with fanlight and having limestone stepped approach with wrought-iron railings. Limestone plinth to basement area with wrought-iron railings.
Located on the Eyre Square, this attractive building shares the same architectural design and classical fenestration as its neighbour. The carved plaque adds information on the dating of the building and the name of the builder. The focus of the fine tooled limestone façade is the elaborate stone doorcase with its fine classical details. The survival of its basement area and railings enhances this former house.