Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Attached seven-bay two-storey commercial premises, built c.1820. Pitched slate roof having rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughly coursed squared limestone walls having moulded rendered eaves course. Square-headed window openings having moulded render surrounds, one-over-one pane and six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows, with recent railings. Shopfront has fluted timber pilasters with plinths and capitals, moulded timber architrave and moulded cornice with dentils, render frieze with painted lettering. Timber-framed display windows with rendered stall risers, with splayed entrance to north end of façade. Camber-headed fixed timber-framed display windows also to shopfront. Square-headed door openings having double-leaf timber glazed doors and overlights.
This building is notable for its pleasant shopfront with fluted pilasters and heavy cornice. The retention of varied timber sash windows enhances the building which contributes to the diverse appearance of the streetscape.