Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1880
Attached three-bay three-storey house and shop, built c.1860. Flat roofed having rendered chimneystack and rainwater goods concealed behind rendered parapet with moulded cornice and pediment with moulded copings and keystone. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls having rendered plinth, camber-headed window openings with render sills and carved limestone surrounds. Replacement uPVC windows to top floor, one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows to middle floor flanking fixed timber window with paned overlight. Render shopfront to ground floor comprising plinth, rendered walls with timber relief panels, and camber-headed windows having chamfered sills, moulded surrounds and fixed and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Camber-headed door opening having moulded render surround with timber panelled door and overlight.
This attractive commercial building is an integral component of Eyre Street. It contributes to the architectural variety of the streetscape and the camber heads create a unity to the various floors. The retention of some original windows enhances the appearance of the structure.