Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1930
Detached two-bay three-storey house, built c.1910, having flat-roofed full-height canted bays to front elevation, and lower two-bay three-storey addition and recent conservatory to rear. Hipped artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls to front and north elevations, rendered to rear and roughcast rendered to south elevation. Painted tooled stone eaves course to canted bays and timber cladding to eaves of main body of house. Square-headed window openings throughout with timber sliding sash windows. Canted bays have two-over-two pane windows with one-over-one pane flankers and moulded render sills and rear elevation has stone sills and two-over-two pane windows, some double to addition. Square-headed door opening to front having timber panelled door, vertically-divided overlight and limestone threshold and step. Lined and ruled rendered walls to north and south having rendered copings with square-headed pedestrian entrance having timber sheet door and limestone threshold.
This house is of interesting design, being symmetrical with canted bays. The siting of the doorway, in one of the canted bays, is unusual. The retention of varied timber sash windows and timber panelled front door enhances this building, whose height makes it a striking part of the streetscape.