Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical, Social
In Use As
1870 - 1875
Freestanding drag edged cut-limestone monument, erected 1873, on a square plan on limestone-covered plinth. Repositioned, 1933. Road fronted on a wedge-shaped site.
An obelisk-topped monument 'erected by the subscriptions of a few admirers of MASTER McGRATH [1866-73]' representing an important component of the later nineteenth-century built heritage of County Waterford. NOTE: Inscriptions record Master McGrath's numerous victories including The Visitors Cup at Lurgan (1867); The Creagh Cup (1867); The Waterloo Cup (1869); The Brownlow Cup (1870); and The Waterloo Cup (1871).