Categories of Special Interest
1850 - 1870
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1860, retaining original fenestration with single-bay single-storey canted bay window to right ground floor. One of a terrace of eight. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows with margins to first floor. Round-headed door opening with rendered doorcase, timber panelled door, and overlight. Set perpendicular to road with shared forecourt.
An elegant, well-proportioned house, built as one of a terrace of eight units, which retains its original form and massing, together with important salient features and materials. The house, together with the remainder of the terrace (including 22830111, 145 - 146, 271 - 2, 4/WD-09-30-111, 145 - 146, 271 - 2, 4), is an appealing component of the townscape, positioned on a slightly elevated site overlooking John's Hill.