Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1840. Renovated, c.1890, with render façade enrichments added. Extensively renovated, c.1990, to accommodate use as apartments. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1990, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1990, on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled pier. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills and rendered dressings, c.1890, including panelled surrounds and entablatures over on foliate consoles. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1990. Square-headed door opening with rendered doorcase, c.1890, comprising pilasters with segmental pediment on foliate consoles, and replacement uPVC panelled door, c.1990, having sidelights, and overlight. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An attractive, middle-size house, built as one of a pair, and distinguished by the fine rendered detailing that remains substantially intact. However, much of the remaining original fabric has been replaced, leading to the loss of some of the character of the site. The house, together with the second in the pair (22830195/WD-09-30-195), forms an elegant feature in the streetscape of Manor Street.