Categories of Special Interest
1810 - 1830
Terraced four-bay two-storey house, c.1820. Extensively renovated, c.1995. Pitched roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1995, clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stack, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1995, on moulded rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995. Segmental-headed door opening with rendered pilaster surround having archivolt over, timber fluted Greek Doric doorcase with moulded entablature, timber panelled door, and spoked fanlight. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
An elegant, middle-size house of balanced Georgian proportions and fine Classical detailing, which retains its original form, although the inappropriate replacement fittings to the window openings do not enhance the external appearance of the composition. The survival of the original doorcase enhances the design quality of the composition. The house is an integral component of the streetscape, and contributes to the formal quality of Manor Street.