Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1860 - 1880


261025, 111805

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached four-bay single-storey over raised basement house, c.1870, with single-bay single-storey gabled projecting porch, single-bay single-storey flanking canted bay windows, and three-bay single-storey side elevation to north-east having pair of single-bay single-storey canted bay windows. Renovated and extended, c.1995, comprising single-bay single-storey over basement lean-to lower return to north-west. Hipped slate roofs (gabled to porch) with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1995, on overhanging timber eaves having consoles to porch. Lean-to artificial slate roof to return. Unpainted rendered walls (possibly replacement, c.1995) with rendered quoins to corners. Square-headed window openings (round-headed to porch) with stone sills. 6/6 timber sash windows with 4/4 flanking lights to canted bay windows. Replacement fixed-pane uPVC windows, c.1995, to canted bay windows to front (south-east) elevation having uPVC casement flanking lights. Square-headed door opening approached by flight of steps with replacement timber panelled door, c.1995. Set back from road in own grounds with unpainted rendered boundary wall to perimeter over random rubble stone construction.


A well-appointed, middle-size house incorporating distinctive features, including canted bay windows and overhanging eaves, which contribute to the architectural appeal of the site. Although retaining much of its original form and massing, together with some important salient features and materials, some inappropriate replacement fittings to the openings have compromised some of the external expression of the composition.