Categories of Special Interest
1850 - 1870
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, c.1860, with single-bay single-storey canted bay window to right ground floor. Extensively renovated, c.1985. Undergoing renovation, 2003. One of a terrace of eight. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1985, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and replacement aluminium casement windows, c.1985. Round-headed door opening with rendered doorcase, timber panelled door, and overlight. Set perpendicular to road with shared forecourt, and side (south-west) elevation fronting on to road.
An elegant, well-proportioned house, built as one of a terrace of eight units, which retains its original form and massing, although much of the original fabric has been replaced. The house, together with the remainder of the terrace (including 22830112, 145 - 6, 271 - 4/WD-09-30-112, 145 - 6, 271 - 4), is an appealing component of the townscape, positioned on a slightly elevated site overlooking John's Hill.