Survey Data

Reg No

22830014


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Office


Date

1810 - 1830


Coordinates

261425, 111663


Date Recorded

18/08/2003


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay three-storey house, c.1820, retaining original fenestration. Extensively renovated, c.1995, with replacement single-bay single-storey flat-roofed projecting glazed porch added to centre to accommodate use as offices. Hipped roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1995, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1995, on overhanging timber eaves. Flat felt roof to porch with timber eaves. Unpainted replacement cement rendered wall, c.1995, to front (south-west) elevation with rendered channelled piers to ends, and unpainted rendered walls to remainder. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. 3/6 and 6/6 timber sash windows. Square-headed window openings to porch with shared concrete sill, fluted timber intermediary pilasters, and fixed-pane timber windows. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door. Set back from line of road with forecourt having unpainted rendered plinth with cut-stone coping, sections of replacement iron railings, c.1995, over having spike finials, and iron gate in round-arch frame.

Appraisal

A handsome, substantial house of balanced proportions and symmetrical appearance, which retains its original form and massing, together with some important salient features and materials. The house forms an elegant feature in the streetscape, and is distinguished by the profile of the overhanging roof.