Categories of Special Interest
1800 - 1840
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1820, retaining original fenestration. Reroofed, c.1995. Undergoing extensive renovation, 2003. One of a terrace of four. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1995, clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stack and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1995, on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls with slate hanging to side (south-east) elevation. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. 3/6 and 6/6 timber sash windows. Round-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround, timber panelled door, and decorative fanlight. Set back from line of road with forecourt having replacement steel railings, c.1995, on limestone ashlar plinth.
A well-proportioned house, built as one of a terrace of four identical units, which retains its original form and massing, together with a range of important salient features and materials, including sections of slate hanging, which contribute significantly to the historic character of the composition. The house, together with the remainder of the terrace (22830008 - 10/WD-09-30-08 - 10), forms an attractive feature of formal appearance in the streetscape.