Categories of Special Interest
1800 - 1840
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, c.1820. Extensively renovated, c.1995. One of a terrace of four. Pitched (shared) roof with clay ridge tiles, replacement artificial slate, c.1995, rendered (shared) chimney stack, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1995, on rendered eaves. Unpainted replacement cement rendered, ruled and lined walls, c.1995, with rendered quoined piers. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and replacement 2/2 timber sash windows, c.1995. Round-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround, replacement timber panelled door, c.1995, and spoked fanlight. Set back from line of road with forecourt having section of replacement steel railings, c.1995, on limestone ashlar plinth.
A well-proportioned house, built as one of a terrace of four identical units, which has been extensively renovated leading to the loss of most of the original fabric. However, the original form and massing remains intact, while some replacement fittings have been installed in keeping with the original integrity of the design. The house, together with the remainder of the terrace (22830009 - 11/WD-09-30-09 - 11), forms an attractive feature of formal appearance in the streetscape.