Categories of Special Interest
1780 - 1820
Terraced five-bay two-storey house, c.1800, originally detached retaining early fenestration with single-bay two-storey return to north-east. Extended, c.1925, comprising single-bay two-storey flat-roofed infill bay to south-east, and three-bay two-storey lean-to projecting lower bay to north-west. Part renovated, c.2000. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.2000, on rendered eaves. Flat roof to infill bay not visible behind parapet. Lean-to roof to projecting bay with replacement artificial slate, c.2000, with rendered coping, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Unpainted roughcast walls (painted to projecting bay) with slate hanging to gable to side (south-east) elevation. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.2000, to projecting bay. Elliptical-headed door opening with timber panelled door, and spoked fanlight. Set back from line of road with forecourt having painted rendered boundary wall with sections of iron railings over.
An attractive house of balanced proportions, which retains much of its early form and character, and which contributes to the historic character of the locality.